Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday, eclipse

Take care out in the world today. Breath. Stay centered. Be kind. Eclipse later today.

I walked outside to put some flowers in the compost, the air thick, clouds at ground level, but not too cool, and suddenly I'm itching to travel. The moment brought back Portugal, but I have no destination in mind, just the longing for movement, for the openness that travelling brings for me (for a lot of people), new experiences, new people, new insights.  I'm not travelling this year. I'm paying bills and studying and keeping up my end of things. My choice. I've travelled a lot in recent years (2- to 8-week trips), wonderful experiences, but I need to focus on other parts of my life, and I'm generally fine with that. But sometimes, I'm caught off guard with longing.
Walking back from the castle, March 2009 L. Herlevi

No comments:

Post a Comment