Wednesday, May 22, 2013

just call me cranky pants

Been so edgy. Then I get to rehearsal and two hours of clearing of my mind, which was a relief. The rehearsal went great for as early on as it is. Our instructor came in and it was fantastic having her there.  Since we had added text before and after, I had forgotten to remember what comes right before (how we got to where we are). And she pointed out the battle of wills where we are trying to convince each other of opposite things...anyway, it went in a completely different direction emotionally.  I started to cry (which totally raises the stakes for making my partner go for what he wants in spite of that) which actually caught me by surprise, and it was cool. I've had a hard time being on stage with genuine emotions, that was a first for me. (This is huge for me. I was afraid I couldn't get there.) I don't even know where that came from, only it makes sense as I'm talking about witnessing abuse and that I was abused (but he doesn't know that yet.) I am still thrilled to be working with her.  (I like my scene partner, too. We can disagree and bicker and still get along in the end.)  And yes, this is a comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment