Monday, December 30, 2013

Awful photo

Ugh.  I look almost the same as my previous picture, only more criminally insane, if possible.  Six years, I was wrong on that.  Crowded, too: a small room packed full of Capricorns.  They were on 290 when I walked in, I got 342.  I think I waited an hour, looking at the pictures on the screen of state parks, thinking about where I'd like to visit.  I even went and looked in a mirror before my number was called, did not help.  It's a relatively long wait between when they tell you to look at the blue button and when the flash goes off, plenty of time to do something goofy with your expression.  The employees are extremely pleasant, however.

I'm sorting through records now, I know all the punk, garage, new wave, local, and brit pop are mine, and the Queen, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Dave Brubeck :( are his (I really like Dave Brubeck.)  There's a Bowie, Kinks, Joni Mitchell, and Endless Summer that could go either way, I have no recollection of buying them, but not out of the question.  I'm not particularly attached to them, though I think I might have gotten them at a garage sale.  Might just give them to him, just 'cos I don't want anything of his, and he apparently has a working turn table.  I do not (just have a whole lotta' vinyl.)

The heater is blowing out cold air.  Been gloomy, cars had their headlights burning all day.  Damp and chilly, not cold enough for snow.  Checked my phone messages today, had one from the solstice from someone I sorta' dated earlier in the year (been months since we talked.)  Would help if I answered the phone once-in-a while (but it's a lot of end of the year asking for money calls, and they always make me feel guilty, and I'm really broke-tuition, driver's license, holidays, rent.  Half of my email every day are solicitations as well.)  Or if he ever left his phone number.  Not really sure what happened, or what was happening.  Oh, well...we're probably still friends.

The clearing out is overwhelming me.  Time for a hot chocolate break.  (A gift from a co-worker: hot chocolate on a stick, she made marshmallows, too.)  It'll taste good, and I'll own one less thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment