Monday, December 9, 2013

Homework and reading

I crack the window open and the cold air rushes in.  No snow.  Not here, anyway.  Rehearsed for a little while.  Found a free copy of "Death of a Salesman" read it on the bus, and finished it when I got home.  No answers to the questions, but as I read it, I remember the text playing in the background.  Who was the "Starman?"  (And that Bowie song keeps playing in my head every time I think or see the word.)  Someone suggested that I find a monologue here: "Linda."  It's pretty good.

Only the seed of a task, not sure how to pull it off, but I know who it's about.  Who is "Jules" to me?  I think I would fight him to save "Binnie."  I'll try it, I guess.  We have to evaluate ourselves tomorrow, give feedback on what we thought worked, didn't work.  Feeling a bit bleak from the play, well, both plays really: the one we are working on and the one I just read.  How and why would I share the activity with someone?  Something I would do if my heart were broken...I know what that would be, but how do I make that about someone else?  What keeps me from being a "summer girl?"  How far would I go to keep him from hurting her?  Which emotional truth rises to the top?  What I feel about my task?  What I feel toward Binnie?  What I feel toward Jules?  What I feel about the state of my life?  If there's conflict (in emotions) you can play both, but one at a time, and fully out.  My brain has stopped consciously processing this now.  Too much, too much, too much.

I wretched my hand while getting off of the bus this morning, and now it really hurts.  I hope I didn't damage it anymore.  Ugh.

I suppose the giddiness was the caffeine, now I feel bleak.

No comments:

Post a Comment