Sunday, December 1, 2013

File under "loved"

Or unexpected.  Saw The Hounds of the Baskervilles at the Rep tonight, I had a vague idea of what it would be before I went (had read the storyline) but really ended up enjoying it more and more as it went on.  I especially liked Darragh Kennan (who played Sherlock Holmes) as his other two characters, particularly the one that was a disguise; and I didn't see the ending coming.  You know, it's a mystery, and it's not necessarily espousing great truths, but it was really well-cast (strong across the board), well-written, and well-produced, all of which made it a pleasure to watch.  Definitely in my top five performances I've seen in the past year (the whole show.)

I was there with a friend from the show last summer, though we weren't sitting together.  I waited a little while after the show to walk to the bus stop with him, but didn't see him and really wasn't feeling well (still don't feel well) so left to catch a bus.  On the D-line downtown, there was a young man asleep and holding a couple of sets of packaged headphones.  At first, I just thought he was wearing baggy jeans.  Then I noticed, his pants were really low, and he was wearing the wrong kind of underwear for them (briefs, not boxers) he was showing a lot of skin.  Then I looked at his pants and thought they didn't really look like they fit.  And he had on a zip-up hoody, only partially zipped, but didn't have a shirt on (it's not super cold yet, but it's late) and then he sorta' woke up, either groggy from sleep or drugs or drugged and asked someone where we were and then proceeded to exit off of the bus, pants still down around his knees. (Getting off of the bus there seemed random.)  It didn't look like he'd been beat up, but it almost seemed like someone dressed him in the wrong clothes...it was weird.  When I got off of the bus a few stops later I wondered if I should tell someone, though he probably wasn't at the stop anymore and I didn't see anyone to tell, so I didn't.  What should I have done?  I don't know, and I didn't end up doing anything except pray that he'd be protected from harm.  It was late and sketchy where I got off the bus.  I hope he really did know where he was going.  The woman across from me had a shocked then compassionate look cross her face when she looked up and saw him.  She said something to her friend, but I didn't catch it.  Treat yourselves with kindness.

I hope this isn't food poisoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment