Monday, December 2, 2013

Chance of snow

Fighting off a virus, watching the very bright blue sky, feeling the sun reflect from the windows across the way onto me and wondering if it will snow today.

I need to come up with a task related to something I'm passionate about, that keeps me from being "a girl of summer," which my character is not.  Food.  Cooking.  Travel.  Art.  Photography and performance art, in particular.  Spain.  Nature, in particular birds.  Plants, trees, medicinal nature of things.  Religion/spirituality/philosophy.  Singing and music.  Storytelling.  Food and justice issues.  Altruism and the finding of common ground.  Books/reading/writing.  I'm sure there are others.  Last night I was like, "I don't know: nothing."  What would make a good engrossing task?  What would keep me out of trouble, keep me from being a "summer girl?"  Ah...and what am I wearing?  Need rehearsal clothes. 

We're not getting into context of the play at this point, but when I was in college, I did another scene from this playwright (N. Richard Nash), and on the surface she's a similar type of no-nonsense (Katharine Hepburn played Lizzie Curry in the Rainmaker) character.  (That would be the other time I kissed someone on stage, a friend of mine, a man that time...and only once.)  It's actually a kinda' cool transformation for the character (the "I'm pretty" scene, she sees her value through an outsider's eyes), but at the time I just thought it was corny.

It will be at or below freezing all week which is cold for here.  I have to sing tonight, should probably not wish for snow...still, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment