Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday

No snow, got some "grapnel" and rain, ground miraculously dry when I left for work.  It's also slightly warmer than originally forecast, but still chilly.

I just blocked out the first three months of 2014 for classes, crossing my fingers that it's true. I think I will get through my block, even if it hasn't happened yet.  I definitely want to continue, time and money are a small sacrifice for personal and artistic growth.  And tonight we started on the type of work that I want to learn, to do: making your partner more important than the words, using the words to communicate the subtext of what's really going on between you.  I knew of this from my first acting instructor here, with the contentless scene work (five short lines of text that contain no meaning in themselves, but are used to deliver whatever is going on between you.)  It was also part of the scholarship audition.  It's great stuff; difficult to do with more loaded text, text where you easily could have preconceived notions of how to deliver, and you need to throw all of those preconceptions out and have a real conversation using someone else's words.  You know, so you sound like human beings talking, and not actors reading text.  Hard.  Hard.  Hard.  Hard.  Hard.  It was definitely a struggle tonight, but this is where I want to go, and this is the road, which is exciting.  And when someone hits it, there's suddenly life on stage.

I was told to wear a dress (which was my first thought, but I didn't tonight.)  And to come up with a task/action that makes up for something I lost (or never got to have.)  I'm not sure what I need for Sunday, since we aren't doing the task until the last class, and I need an "as if" for sister, and I think for what I lost as well.  And need to clear out schedule to find time to rehearse a few times before Sunday...this is a pretty packed week, and our work schedules are opposite (days vs. nights.)

I think I understand what it means to have your world rocked...it's all one way or the other, there's nothing safe or passive, it's either everything lights up or my heart drops...not saying it's healthy or not, just that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment