Monday, December 16, 2013

One more down

Hmm.  Went from swooning over the way someone speaks, right into a lively discussion of pig intestines: afternoon mind travels quite serpentine.  (The trials of ordering food when you do not understand the language.  Or in the intestinal case, eating whatever happened to be served.  I'm not sure how talk of comedic plays got to pig parts though.  Some discussion of ramen, as well, in the middle.)

Waiting for the bus home, a long wait as there were service cuts for the quarter break, I noticed how much my breath hung in the air, as if the air itself were greedy for moisture: it lingered, drifted slowly back over me.  Barely had time to change before my ride to our last concert (Finnish) arrived, fog rolling in.  By the time we finished singing, you could barely see a block, so thick the fog.  Our last concert for the year, the other choir is singing three more times.  (Traffic was light, and we were early to the venue, which was good, gave me time to fix my shirt, I put it on inside-out: this dress is beautiful and it fits well, but definitely not a quick change kinda outfit.  A bit complicated to wear.)  Will see how long I can keep all of this up, I like it, but I suspect outside Meisner rehearsals might be increasing, and I can't do all of it.  At any rate, we sounded good tonight, what I could hear, and the people we sang for were appreciative.

When I could see the moon, it looked almost full (mysterious, shrouded in wispy clouds before the fog came between us)...is it?  I'll blame that and caffeine on my earlier gushiness of the day.  Or all the Meisner work.  I can't help it, I believe in the work.  If I came across as a fool, well then, I suppose that gives me leeway to continue to do so.  (Earlier facebook post regarding something I liked.  No, loved.)

Need to muster up the energy to change.  The dress, it's getting itchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment