Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday-One more class session

Documentation has it's place and there is a way to have a point of view in documentation, and personal projects are artistic statements, but...if you tend toward introversion, it's easy to become an observer of the world (which is fine) rather than a participant.  I want to be more of a participant now.

Sang at a memorial service (actually two) this morning.  Again, just really inspired by someone else's life, whom I knew so little of, and I wish I had known more.  A relative spoke to the fact that she had an "easy passing" that she was laughing and enjoying time with her family.  She was 97.  He said that at the end as the outside things closed in and were no longer possible, that she became love itself...and I think about that and all the striving to prove something (and in her life she did many things, knew many things) that really what matters in the end is our ability to love, and to be able to express that, and to have the ability to accept it as well.

Later.  Still processing, but tonight was freaking awesome across the board, there was life and passion.  The work was just transformative.  We were smack in the middle, and I was afraid I would be dead on stage, but I wasn't.  We all got stuff to do before we entered, and we all got to fight on stage (or tussle) which just brought everything to a whole different level.  It was really fun, if sometimes also scary.  And we got out an hour early.  Still haven't thought of a task, but I know something that I need remember on stage...subtext, subtext, subtext...would make the words infinitely more vital.

Oh, and one of my friends went to the show, so I got to talk about it with someone...and that makes me happy.

Maybe I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment