Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Books

Think this might be the first time in over two weeks that I'm home long enough to do laundry (clean out the fridge, vacuum, etc.)  Yea.

This is a list of ten books that influenced my outlook on life.  Sorta stole the idea from a facebook post.  No particular order.

Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain
A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho (got up and walked 2,000 miles)
A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle
The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
The Norton Anthology of English Literature (Romantic/Victorian eras-at one point reading Byron changed my life)
Rilke's Book of Hours-Barrows and Macy (translation - Rilke was a lifeline when I was going through a really rough time)
Living, Loving, Learning - Leo Buscaglia (got me through my late teen years)
The Edible Woman - Margaret Atwood (I have no explanation, I just really like it.  Her most humorous book, at least to me.)

(Could include, A Sand County Almanac, The Actor's Art and Craft-but I haven't finished it, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Little House on the Prairie, The Colussus of Maroussi, but need to limit it.  Oh, and Sam Shepard had a big influence on me in college.)

Don't really know what to do with myself, although I still do need to come up with a self-review before Sunday.  Feel like I just survived something and am now in a respite. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment