Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Odd

I just had the funniest thing happen.  I've decided to purge any ties I have with old boyfriends so that they don't affect my ability to meet anyone new and have a healthy relationship.  (In came up originally because of the Meisner task where I came across as conflicted about a different boyfriend, and then a friend said she didn't think he actually sounded like a "good guy," and you know, that's probably true, I've considered him a friend, but why? He disappeared for 3 months and the next time I saw him he told me he was engaged.)  The first one I did that with was the one I keep running into.  There aren't any hard feelings, I just want to release the past with him, if we are friends going into the future on it's own merit, fine.  Anyway, I go to Bartell's to print out some calendars, but I copied the files to my computer instead of the memory stick, so I got in line to pay for the other stuff I had, with the plan of coming back.  There's some mix-up with the register and suddenly ex and his daughter are standing in front of me looking at me.  He introduces me to his youngest daughter as his college girlfriend (which is funny to me, he coulda' said friend, it was 25 years ago.)  Anyway, then he says he has an odd question, and asks me if I still had any of his albums.  I mentioned having Queen and a couple Beatles albums, honestly, I gave almost all of them away to random people.  He said he'd like them back if I didn't mind, I don't.  I was thinking of keeping The White Album, but then decided I would return all of them, I mean, why keep them if I'm trying to purge a memory?  I'd actually forgotten I'd had them.

When he walked off to the next register, the woman behind said that was pretty awkward.  Maybe...I'd actually wanted to meet her, she seemed like someone I'd like to be friends with.

The Universe answers things in interesting ways...do I mean it?  Yes, I guess I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment