Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday-drizzly

Spot caws loudly, deeply, reverberating through the trees, only silence as an answer.  Sometimes I think birds must like the way their voices sound, and call out just to hear it.

I was one hour late for work, misplaced my house keys and tore my room apart looking for them: on the bright side, I found several things I had misplaced, and managed to get rid of a few things.  They turned up on the kitchen table underneath a stack of advertisements.  (Have no idea why I put them there or when.)

While running frantically around the house, my roommate told me to be careful in traffic: she got hit by a car last night, on her way back from another emergency room visit for vertigo.  They had to take her to the hospital in an ambulance, she says she's really sore.  Luckily, the driver stayed and helped her, and there were a lot of witnesses (and apparently, we have a lot of nurses in the 'hood.)  I think she's okay physically; emotionally, however, it's upsetting to have someone hit you with a car, or even a near miss (I've had both.)  It's ironic that I was actually considering going and seeing a therapist about the fact that on my way home last night, I really, really, really had an aversion to being around traffic, to the point where I was dreading crossing the street, even when I had the light: people just don't pay all that much attention.  Maybe it was just something about the energy yesterday, 'cos even after she told me this morning, I was fine going to the bus stop, back to the usual state of things (but, of course, it wasn't dark out.)

I came across an article about using Meisner work for preparing monologues should find that again.  I think I have the two I want to do, but haven't started seriously working on them yet.  My mom is going to pay my membership fee to TPS (Theatre of Puget Sound) for the year (Christmas present), so now I just need to figure out how I'm gonna pay for headshots.  I want to have them professionally done, but if it comes down to the wire, I'll have someone take a picture of me and use that; I can't use that as an excuse not to do the auditions; but they are pricey: it's grocery money for a month.  Otherwise I have to wait another year, and I want to start making practical use of all the classes...which is rare for me, I usually like to learn for the sake of learning.

Trying to get my arms around a big project I just took on.  I like having this much to do, but it is like herding cats together for a photograph: there are so many little pieces that keeps wandering off that need to be brought back into the frame.  It needed to get done yesterday.  I'm on vacation in seven days...time to work miracles to get it finished by then.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment