Monday, December 23, 2013

The day before the night before

Happy day before the day before Christmas!

I read a post regarding aging well yesterday.  It reminded me of that question that floats around, "If you didn't know your age, how old would you be?"  It also reminded me that for some reason, I spent half the year thinking I was older than I actually am.  The man that annoyed me by calling me by my formal name, told me how old I was.  Not sure why I added the year, I was kinda' relieved to figure out I was younger than I was thinking.  It'll be true soon enough, my birthday is in three weeks.

I feel sorta' old when I realize that all of my college friends are now in their forties, my ex-boyfriend (from when we were 21, he's a month older than me) has a daughter that is in her second or third year of college, and my former bosses' little girls who ran around the Christmas parties in fairy wings are also college age now.  Or when I get asked out by 20-somethings (can't go there.)  Other than that, I don't think about it all that much.  I think acting-wise, I'm more likely to get cast on the younger end of the spectrum than my actual age (I'm going with mid-20's to mid-40's.)

Also, a friend commented that she liked my skirt, and I mentioned I wished it were shorter, by about two inches.  When I bought it, I thought maybe I could have it altered, but that turned out to be too complicated, so I roll the waist-band like a catholic school girl.  It's funny, the older I get, the shorter I want my skirts, I had unfortunate body issues when I was younger, dressed like a boy or in baggy clothes.  Guess I'm reliving that now...is that my mid-life crisis?

Here's a couple of snow pictures.
Pathway/L. Herlevi 2013

Tree with snow/L. Herlevi 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment