Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cranky

Oh, I guess I never said. The show we did was Almost , Maine by John Cariani. I was in the scene Seeing the Thing, I was Rhonda, Dave was recast as Dana. We had eleven cast members, you can produce it with as few as four, I think. The re-casting made it more interesting, though one of my friends asked me later if my character was originally the male, because Rhonda is the more masculine character. (It's written as a tomboy and a more sensitive man.)

I woke up this morning and the kitchen sink was covered in ants, they are swarming, and then someone had taken all my knives and my wooden spoon, I guess assuming they didn't belong to anyone, so I had to search for them so I could cook something. Irritated, and both of those made me late catching the bus, and consequently a 1/2 hour late for work. (And my knives are really dull, wonder what they are using them for?) Guess I'll skip my lunch break.

It's a beautiful morning, with the fog glowing from the sun, and a view of the mountains where the fog has lifted in the west, and the hills in the west the only thing lit. So quiet. So still. The odd yellowed leaf or acorn drops suddenly, unexpectedly. And I waver between the peaceful feeling that brings and the daily irritations of daily life and wonder which feeling will win out today. The emotions swing...try to remember to breathe.

Bit the bullet and paid the deposit. In it for the duration.

Those spambots or whatever they are, remind me of little, swarming, biting insects in how they hit at the posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment