Sunday, September 22, 2013

Feeling a little self-righteous

I didn't use the money my parents sent me for the dinner last night. But even if I had, there are people who are much worse off than I am, and if it helps, so be it. Fast moving storms passing through today, been out in the pouring rain a couple of times already and I have to go to class soon, so will probably get soaked again. It's sunny and breezy at the moment.

In the face of all the constant bombardment of negativity and fear-generation, I think the most radical act is to love. Lots of forces want us to distrust and hate one another, (divide and conquer?) to widen divisions instead of building connections of how we are alike; want us to fight like starving dogs over the crumbs they throw down to us, while they feast at the table of the few, hoping we won't notice. The best we can do is to not give in. To choose to love in the face of that, to choose to find how we are alike. The world needs more joy, and love, and open-heartedness, and courage, and connection, and creativity, and big picture thinking...we need to rekindle hope instead of feeding fear. The one that wins is the one you feed. Be radical: choose love.

No comments:

Post a Comment