Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Audition day

It wasn't raining when I left the house to go drop off my rent check. Four-blocks later, large drops fell, eight-blocks later, a full on downpour.  I pulled my hood over my head and zipped my jacket and walked on. The thin branches of the parking strip trees offered spotty shelter; I stood under a larger canopied and therefore more protective tree in a park for a few moments but then went on. My jeans got soaked. By the time I left the real estate office, the rain had stopped.  I guess the rent isn't actually past due until the 5th.

Stopped by a coffee house to finish reading the play again and to make notes as to what I am responding to in the monologue. Have recited it over and over and over again. It's anywhere between 50 seconds to one minute. I think I need to cut more, so I don't go over. Not sure what, it's getting pretty slim, content-wise.  I can't believe it takes a minute to say this.

While walking home, I was practicing saying the words "arctic cat" and making a face and cat claws while I said it, not really paying attention to where I was until I happened to look up and see a man inside a pet grooming shop looking at me oddly. Yes, it was later in the day than I thought, and there were people behind those windows I was passing. I was saying the monologue most of the way, too, so also talking to myself. Oh well.

Onward. It will all be over in less than twelve hours. This time.

No comments:

Post a Comment