Thursday, September 5, 2013

Done

Lost internet connection earlier today, now miraculously have it back. Curious. Trying to type before the electrical storm gets closer. When I walked out of the theatre, there were flashes of lightning, very high in the clouds, and the long peal of thunder was 11 seconds later. Then the first, large drops of rain began to fall. By the time I got to a bus stop, it was raining pretty hard. The air was warm. Steam rose from the manhole covers, pushed low to the ground, dissipating quickly in a southerly direction. The clouds flashed a greenish tinge, but there was rarely audible thunder. It must be far away. The rain is tapping on my window now, it had just started to fall here when I got off of the bus, moving northward, I suppose. Still only lightning. I had listened for the thunder, hoping it would drown out the city sounds of busses, and speakers, and planes, and delivery trucks and garbage trucks...but everyday life rumbled on, louder than the heavens.

We ran through 2.5 times (.5 was the first Act, the speed-through.) Our second run went better for my scene. I was confused about the energy of the ending the first time we did it. The whole thing always seems to go so fast, like a speeding train I'm trying to just hold on to....maybe I'm not prepared enough. Maybe that gets easier. I don't know. I felt that way last quarter, too. I think we missed each other most of the time, but in a way, that makes sense if I've never kissed anyone before. (We changed the blocking on that too, we used to sit, and we don't anymore. It didn't really make sense, and it's slowed the pace of the scene down.)  At any rate, it will be what it will be.

I can hear thunder now, should probably turn this off. (Also, we got the phone calls about the scholarship today. I haven't checked my phone yet. Not really expecting to get it, but they said they would call by Friday. Guess it's time to check. I'm fine not getting it.) Nope, not me:) Didn't get the scholarship; forgot to pay a credit bill; turned in the wrong library materials; and am eating (slightly stale) cereal for dinner because I haven't gotten around to actual grocery shopping in at least a month: been a little hectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment