Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday morning

I think of acting as being the living expression of the thoughts of someone else's head (the writer.) Of being the means for the character to speak, to come alive. So in that sense, it's not about me or my ego, it's about both the ability to do the work to find the character, to know them fully, and then to let myself go enough so that the character is alive and the actor fades on stage. I'm thinking that's the end point...how to get there, well that's what all the classes and practice are for.  It's hard work.

Today's my last day off for the next week. I need to spend some time writing a history for my monologue character, but I can run errands and do chores while I practice the actual monologue, at least for a while. Moving around and doing other things sometimes helps with clarification of meaning and intent for me.

Went to a show with a college roommate last night in Ballard.  Ballard was hoppin' in spite of it being Bumbershoot http://bumbershoot.org/ and a long weekend. A really good surf band opened. She drove me home so I got home before midnight, so in theory I got enough sleep but I'm sitting here yawning about once per minute. Better get moving, time is running short.

No comments:

Post a Comment