Sunday, September 15, 2013

Long afternoon

Oh, and for the record the stripping in the play was for humor, there wasn't anything particularly provocative about it. We stripped off layers and layers of clothing down to black long-johns and long tank tops. The laughter hit when we got to the fourth layer. It was about a ten minute scene prior to that point too, it was really, really hot, we were always drenched in sweat by the time we exited off stage. It was super warm out that weekend. I hope we get to see the pictures this week. I'm curious.

Another thunderstorm is rolling through, just in time for the Seahawks vs. Forty-Niners game. We've had a lot of thunderstorms this year. Will turn this off. A blast of cool air just came through my window. There is curiously nothing showing up on the weather radar around here. Oh, and now a massive amount of rain, I hope the drain doesn't overflow again, luckily, the wind is blowing from the south, so maybe it won't hit the door so hard this time.

I've started really watching the actors that aren't speaking on stage.  I caught myself paying attention when I saw August, Osage County last spring, the son was sitting on the couch, didn't say anything or interact with anyone, but was very alive, engaged. Ditto last night, it was why I thought the casting was so strong. Okay, thunder is starting up again. Should find something to do that doesn't involve electricity. Attempts at organization and purging.

Oh, thank God! My parents gave me money for groceries (I'd rather not ask, it's my choice to go to school. I would've preferred getting the same raise as everyone else: professional staff/faculty got 4%, we got 2%. While I'm happy for a raise, it's been eight years since I've had one, and it amounts to $16/check. Not remotely keeping up with the cost of living over eight years (for perspective, when I looked at apartments back then, you could get a 500+ sq ft studio for $500-600/month, the studios in my neighborhood are now starting at $950; $32 doesn't really make a dent in the rent difference.) And still less than what I made last December. I don't ask them for help much, I feel like I should be able to support myself. I want to do more in my life, and I'm still paying off all of the throat-related care from last winter.) I'm gonna try to make it last for a month. Challenges are good things, sometimes. I'm hardly the only person struggling to pay tuition. There are no guarantees of anything, but you have to try.  If I wait, I'll only be older next year.

Not sure what's up with my recent interest in football, I just listened to the whole game on the radio, and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment