Saturday, September 14, 2013

No degrees of separation

Six-degrees of separation becomes five, then four, then two...soon there will be none. Keep seeing the same people everywhere I go. And friends randomly connected to other friends.

At the market this morning, I was gonna use a card at a place I used one last week, he didn't have a reader so I started to put the produce back. He said I could pay him later, to take what I wanted. He said he appreciated that I regularly bought from him. And then he said to take it as appreciation for shopping there, but I'll probably pay him back anyway. It's funny because I don't even think I've seen him in over a year. Some of the other farmers have given me produce before because I'm a regular. I've been buying most of my food there almost since they started. Sometimes I feel invisible and then someone (usually there) will ask me how I've been, say they hadn't seen me in a while (which is true, my Saturdays have been booked for most of the year.) I find it both reassuring and humbling; they see hundreds of people every week.

I did end up going to Trouble in Mind tonight. Excellent. Might be one of the best shows I've ever seen. Dealt with racism, sexism, ageism, theatre politics (and politics in general), and above all, human dignity and living in truthfulness (and I might add, kindness.) Well-written, really well acted (all around), as relevant today as it was when it was written, riveting, powerful, thought-provoking, and at times, funny. Fantastic.

My headache has returned with a vengeance. I can't figure out what is causing it. Horrible. I'd rather not take anything, but it won't go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment