Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ran into a friend

Speaking of the early 2000's, while walking out of my bank after work, someone walked by me and said, "hi."  It took me a minute to realize it was a friend of mine I met in 2000. Ten years after I was doing theatre, I was hanging out with a bunch of artists. I met him at one of those things. Our friendship mostly involved going out to look at art, eating, sometimes taking pictures, etc; we both did photography then. Apparently, neither of us really do now. (We both shot film. I can't afford to upgrade to the equivalent in digital...well, I should say, I'm choosing to spend my money on education and travel and eating rather than buying a $5000 camera.)  I think we might have had an email exchange within the past few years, but I haven't seen him in person in a lot longer. Sometimes we just fall out of one another's life, days turn to months turn to years.  We make excuses, time passes and we come to believe them as truths. Solid. Even if they aren't. It's easier, I suppose. Tell yourself it doesn't matter anymore rather than make an effort to reconnect.

Swear it's the change in the weather. Having a heavy week. Apologies.

Happy things? I love this black slip I bought a couple of months ago, but just started wearing. Sitting here with a big pile of clean laundry; it smells good. Sent my sister a copy of a picture of our cast from the show, she said I looked "radiant." :) It was nice running into the friend. If I wake up early enough, I have good food for breakfast. A fruit fly alerted me to the presence of a melting tomato, could have been so much worse. I do not presently have a headache. I get to trade catering work for music/dance tickets again.  Started working on Christmas music with the Finnish choir last night, relatively painless on my throat. The clouds cleared up enough by sunset that I could see it, as well as the bright moon rising behind the remaining wisps in the eastern sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment