Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

Needed to get out of the house and was attempting to go to the beach for a couple of hours, but didn't try hard enough to catch the bus (run fast) and so ended up continuing to walk and stopped by a coffee shop (for coffee) and saw that one of my current favorite Seattle-area artist had work up. http://www.jesselink.com/ I've never met him, but I bought a couple of (really small) paintings of his a couple of years ago (8"x8" and maybe 3"x3".) Most of the ones in the coffee shop are limited edition Giclee prints. The two I have are originals and they both remind me of cave paintings.  I'm glad I scraped up the money for them at the time; I don't think I can afford the originals anymore. Still, that's great for him. I hope he can support himself with it, and again, I love his work. (I might sell books or clothes or something and try to buy a print, they are under $100.)

Not nearly where I need to be with the monologues. (Okay, that really should be singular.) While walking, considered scrapping the audition. I can't do that. I need to get this down, I don't want to waste their time. It's kinda' a strange choice, based on the advice of the monologue book I was looking at. It's conversational, i.e., in the very present tense, as opposed to reverie. I need to really focus on the fact that everything I'm saying is in response to him and today is the day I get him to admit he loves me...and everything he is saying to me is not proof of that love; he's treating me like dirt. (For the record, he might, but sees me as beneath him, and sees sex as base, so he can't admit it, especially to himself.)

And on Saturday evening I was getting close to super excited for the other one, but I haven't able to get back to it either yesterday or today...but since I did get close, there is a way to get there again, I just need to find it again. I was doing it all from the outside in. And this is all very public, everyone is in the room now.  I just have to let it go nutso, I can always bring it in if it's too much. Four days. Maybe nerves will help. Have four hours 'til I have to leave for tech call. Back to work on both.

No comments:

Post a Comment