Thursday, September 19, 2013

Words to self

It is none of my business what anyone else thinks of me. It is none of my business what anyone else thinks of me. It is none of my business what anyone else thinks of me. Repeat until I believe it. I can't change it. I fought tooth and nail for years to allow myself to be happy. I'm not a Pollyanna, I know there is suffering in life. (Parts of my life have been really hard, but that's true for all of us.) There always will be. Humans do some horrible things to one another, for a million different reasons, some we will never know. Humans also commit amazing acts of bravery, or kindness, or love, or grace. Sometimes all this in the same person. (Which side do we feed?) We are complicated. As I have no desire to die, I have to make the best of what I'm given. Not giving in. Not. Not. Not. (This stems from an ongoing conversation with someone. She understands, I think.) At least I've figured out one knot.  One, out of thousands, untangled. And the work goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment