Saturday, September 28, 2013

Wet

Went through the wash several times today, at least my shoes are cleaner, and my rain jacket is still keeping out rain. It just started up again, I can hear it hitting my window.

Worked a catering event this morning at 7 am, and then watched the Wim Wenders' documentary Pina which was great. She (Pina Bausch) was a German dancer/choreographer, and it's interesting to see it now as I can see her influence in most of the performance art/dance I've seen in the past year. There's a lot of love present in her work, and that might be the result of the company being together for so long, or it might just be her. My favorite work was Café Müller which involved chairs and the dancers dancing blindly, but just the way they move and connect is beautiful in general.

After that, I went to MOHAI http://www.mohai.org/ for free museum day, which is my new favorite museum. It's a fairly "eyes wide open" look at the history of  this city, warts and all, and it makes me fall in love with Seattle all over again. It's a relatively new (and much larger) space for the museum, and it's so well-curated. And it's fun. (And now I have the Seattle fire song stuck in my head.) It was also pleasantly crowded, aided no doubt, by the miserably wet weather (windy and over an inch of rain already today) and the free passes. I left during what I thought was a lull in the rain, but as soon as I'd walked about 50 yards, it started up again. Was going to go to another museum, but time was running short, so I caught the bus home.

The bus ride was long, delayed, crowded, on the wrong route and people were pretty stoic. I pulled out (a different) art mag and dropped peas on the seat then onto the floor. This packet of peas (seeds) broke open in my bag a while ago (um, when it was still planting season...um, yikes) and I haven't emptied them out yet. I explained that to the very serious man across from me, and in my embarrassment, made him laugh. Clown-ish.

Want to go to a puppet show tonight, but might skip it: there are two college football games in town tonight, one now, and one at 7 pm south of downtown, and that combined with the rain, the new bus schedules/route drivers, and I think it's gonna be a mess trying to get anywhere. There's one next weekend as well, but I think I'm busy all next week. Am actually free tonight. I want to see more puppetry, I've always kinda' liked it. I guess it'll depend on if I can get there avoiding the stadium traffic.

Think we are about to lose power, lights are flickering. Oh, no. Just the last of my over-priced light bulbs giving up the ghost. Don't know where to get more either. Thankfully, this IKEA lamp bulb has lasted forever, and is still working. Here's a silly picture of ducks resting on one foot. Maybe I'll stay in and do laundry.
Break in the rain/L Herlevi 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment