Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday

It's almost 10 am, I should get out of the house, walk over to the farmer's market. It's the first Saturday morning I've had off since July. Went out with a friend after the show and it was late when I got off of the bus. I don't know how it went. I didn't forget my lines. Some people said they thought we did a good job, but someone else said they didn't understand the transition of my character, the softening part at the end. So, I guess I should look at that today. Maybe I'm just a bad actor, none of my friends (that came to see the show) said I did a good job (some of the cast members did, but they watched the whole process, understood the relationship a little better-it needs to come across to people who don't have that info); that could mean that I'm bad, or it could mean that they are not vocal about things, or didn't know what to say. It is a class, I am still learning. Still, I'd really like some constructive criticism, what worked, what didn't...you know concrete, not general blanket statements: "I understood this...why did you choose that...what about trying this..., etc." I'm always looking for that. I had this great photography instructor once that was phenomenal at it...it's a gift, but I think it's something that can be developed. I can do it. Definitely needs it's presence more in the art world where people are baring their souls for public consumption on a daily basis. You can't move forward if you don't know there is a path.

I will honor my own courage for trying though, even if I'm failing.

No comments:

Post a Comment