Tuesday, January 28, 2014

After class number 8

It's finally raining, pouring, again.  Back to commitment issues: I come up with an idea and then some part of me keeps trying to come up with other possible scenarios, looking to see if there is something better, and it all gets muddled and superficial and I never make it far enough along any path to really have teeth to it.  She suggested I give that voice (that tries to make me second guess my choices-my first ones are usually the right ones) a specific task to do and tell it to shut up.  (It's fear, perhaps.)  And I need to follow impulses, and we needed more detail to relationship, it was also too superficial to work with.  At least one more exercise this week.  Get another chance to get closer to getting this right.  Big step backward tonight.  Certainly humbling.  (Anyone that tells you acting is easy is lying.)

No picture, but I liked this tribute to Pete Seeger: http://www.komonews.com/news/entertainment/Folk-singer-activist-Pete-Seeger-dies-in-NY-242337361.html

New leaders need to rise up.  The power of song.  RIP Pete Seeger.

Here is: We Shall Overcome (it's just the music with the lyrics)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhnPVP23rzo&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BErVghzNetF_L6bOqQyzjH

No comments:

Post a Comment