Friday, January 24, 2014

Procrastination doesn't help

Well, this is a fine time to go crush-less...not even anyone on tv or a movie or anything.  Nada.  Well, I guess that leaves me with: rage, revenge, terror, or triumph (I did do triumph last week, but maybe I could go for it more.)

So, I rushed out of work and got to the library just as it was closing and got the book checked out.  Skimmed over it on the bus, dilemma: it's from 1993 (one strike), looking over the auditor comments for the last few general auditions there's a fair amount of "not so much sexual, violent, profane, etc." and these scripts are fairly: sexual, violent, profane, etc...there's one that goes black comedy, but my other one goes in that direction, and I'm looking for contrast.  I really want something straight up drama, without trying to prove how edgy it can be (it's not really anymore, anyway.)  It's a tough call, I'm going on the auditor comments, but I have very little experience auditioning (I have auditioned, but I didn't know what I was doing), and the person who I asked for advice has a lot of experience, and I should listen to her.

Went to go pick up my mail, but didn't get the TPS membership card, yet.  I think I'm supposed to get one.  Just bought a theatre pass, too, though I don't really have any free time in Feb: we are in class 16 hours a week for most of the month.  Still need a head shot.  Maybe I'll just shoot it myself.  (It's not entirely out of the question, I have a lot of self-portraits from earlier in life when I did more studio work.  Need someone to do something with my hair though.)

My ankle is really stiff, hurt to walk earlier (before I stopped for the day.)  I don't remember tripping and spraining it.  Curious.  Epsom salts? 

Someone commented to me that she thought facebook was narcissistic...I think about that every time I post now.  Totally aware that this is too.  Cheers.

It was so blue out, and then the skyline looked so clean and new and shiny as the sunset faded pinks into cobalt into black...full of stars.
Bridge, Jan 24/L Herlevi 2014
Poplars, Jan 24/L Herlevi 2014

Sunset from the bus, Jan 24/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment