Saturday, January 18, 2014

No show for me

Got up in the middle of the night and watched the Japanese movie "Departures."  Totally wide awake now.  It's about a cellist in Tokyo who moves back to his hometown after his orchestra disbands.  He answers a job for "departures" thinking it's related to travel, but ends up preparing the deceased for "departing."  A lovely, gentle film...a three-hanky experience, but perfect.  Ranks up there with "Ice Fever" (an Icelandic film about a Japanese man, also dealing with death ritual) as one of my favorite films.  I usually fall asleep when I watch films on my computer, but this was quiet and engaging, completely awake. (It's 5:30 am.  It's due back at the library today.)

Now I guess I'm not going to 14/48 tonight either (disappointed, I really want to go), my scene partner doesn't want to go because it runs pretty late (I only had a late night 2/1 comp left), which is true, if I take the bus, I'll get home after 1 am.  We need to do chair work.  I started writing on both the things for tomorrow (prep work for my emotional task, and general ideas of what I'd do if I suddenly had $100 million.  It's not "juicy" enough, but it's a start.)  Now, I'm trying to find a song to sing that "makes me alive."  Music pretty much always makes me alive, and my best exercises involved music in some form or another, but...now that I have to do it, it's sent my emotional response into "rebellion" mode.  Sigh.  Most of my Finnish music is at work because I left suddenly, and I was thinking of using something from that, but I need to memorize it...I need to look up the structure of a sonnet as well.  Probably will end up singing part of the Kermit the Frog song or Finlandia...I know I have that buried here somewhere, I sang it recently.

Meant to go out again, but I didn't.  So, here's my daily picture.  Coffee foam heart.
Coffee-foam Heart, Jan 18/L Herlevi 2014
 

No comments:

Post a Comment