Saturday, January 11, 2014

Later, home again on Saturday

Someone mentioned that if the sky had been clear on Thursday night, we might have seen the Aurora Borealis.  It's clear enough tonight, thin stretches of clouds across the sky, one small star twinkling just below the moon in place of an aurora.

I thought I was feeling better, but that didn't last.  My back hurts as well.  Just got home from the show.

In general, I like last night's better.  I think the theme was more broad, and the writer's were fresh.  Tonight, I liked the second half better, writing was more abstract, and that's just the luck of the draw that it was ordered that way.  Last night's theme was "You May Just Be the One," and tonight's was "Sin and Salvation," which is easy to go in a cliche direction with, because we are surrounded by that idea, and some worked around that better than others.  That said, strong acting choices in the first half.  Not sure if I'll go on Friday or not.  I do enjoy it.  It'll be totally new group of everything next week (actors, musicians, artists, directors, writers, crew, etc.)  I like that they do two nights in a row, it shows the range of the actors.

I can't think of a song that "Sin and Salvation" makes me think of, but Josie Cotton's "He Could be the One" has been running in my head since Thursday night.  Close enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soleSTp_u_c

It rained most of the day, so my only pictures were of a fence at the bus stop.  Can't seem to load the photo tonight.  I'll try again later.  It's not very exciting, but I learned how to adjust for the lighting and I'm trying to shoot everyday, good or bad.  Oh.
Fence, Jan 11/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment