Thursday, January 9, 2014

Jumping through the hoops

Yes.

Wildly uncomfortable, but it will get easier, I think, over time.  I've changed my life how many times?  You just have to keep putting yourself out there until the new becomes your life.  No other way.

A friend offered to take me to dinner, so I emailed my choir director to tell him I wouldn't be there, he said, "Happy Birthday."  Met my friend downtown, near the theatre, and went after.  Glad I did it.  Felt kinda' stupid, but...c'est la vie.  Kinda' fun to see how it all works though (14/48 festival.)  Playwrights just got the theme, and have to have a 10 minute (or less) play by 8 am tomorrow.  Meet directors at 9 am, actors at 9:45, musicians at 10.  Whole thing goes up for an audience at 8 pm tomorrow night.  7 plays.  I don't know how directors and actors are assigned, they hadn't done that by the time I left.  I went and tried to take pictures.  The scene is warm, but the camera shoots it really cold and greenish.  I don't like it.

Started to jump through the hoops that'll get me to the general auditions (fingers crossed.)  Sign up starts next week.  I joined TPS (still need a head shot and to upload a bio) and I made more specific contact with potential coach.  She gave me ideas of where to look for monologues, so I'll start doing that as soon as I finish this.  Not a lot of time.  Prelim auditions are in February, and if I get in, I'll have to do one of those, so need to have the monologues ready within the next month.  I get two minutes, you don't go over.

Here's a picture (best of the bunch):

How it generally shot, Jan 9/L Herlevi 2014

What it looked like, Jan 9/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment