Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Another late-ish night

Just got home from a catering gig.  She let me leave early to catch a bus since there was a long wait for the sink (to wash dishes.)

Tromped around in the muck in my dress during lunch.  Boots quite muddy.  No crow party today.  Did encounter a hawk, though, and there were turtles out.  It was warm, around 50 degrees.

Walking back, I realized that a consequence of this past year has been that I value my strengths more than I did before, especially practicality, empathy and loyalty: they are not shiny, sexy traits, and I'm not super sunny, but they are what I've got, so I'm appreciating them more.  (And expressing them more...i.e., I'll honestly feel your pain, and then I'll ask you to do something about it...not taking it on anymore.  I can't, you need to carry some weight, and I need to take care of me.  I neglected that before because I was carrying everyone else.  I'm not leaving, just no longer doing everything and making myself sick.)

I thought I'd shot more pictures than I actually did.  I was trying to get the camera out as the bus pulled up because someone was power-washing the sidewalk and the rising mist looked cool, but not fast enough.  Needed to get home.  Finished "Proof," now for two more.  There's some good words in there.

Aluminum, Jan 15/L Herlevi 2014

Another Tree, Jan 15/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment