Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday in January

Woke up with a horrible headache, dehydration, but I might as well have been drinking.  We ran around playing follow the leader last night, and I didn't drink enough after.  It went on for a while.  By the time I managed to drag myself to the store to get ibuprofen this morning, I had drunk enough water that the headache had mostly subsided.  I didn't do anything for MLK Day.  Read and cleaned and got rid of more stuff at home.  Came across this quote from Kabir (as quoted in John Brierley's A Pilgrim's Guide to the Camino Portugués- Someone asked me about the Camino de Santiago yesterday, so it's been on my mind.) :

Friend, hope for the truth while you are alive,
Jump into experience while you are alive!
Think...and   think...while you are alive.
What you call 'salvation' belongs to the time before death,
If you don't break your ropes while you are alive,
Do you think ghosts will do it after?
 
The idea that the soul will join with the ecstatic
Just because the body is rotten-
That is all fantasy.
What is found now is found then.
 
If you find nothing now,
You will simply end up with an apartment in the city of death.
If you make love with the divine now, in the next life
You will have the face of satisfied desire.
So plunge into the truth, find out Who the Teacher is,
Believe in the Great Sound!
 
Went for a walk near dusk.  Wanted pictures of birch trees.  Here are a couple of those.
Birch, Jan 20/L Herlevi 2014

Dusk, Jan 20/L Herlevi
 


No comments:

Post a Comment