Friday, January 31, 2014

Location?

There are a lot of places I'd like to visit, maybe stay awhile, but up until at least this point in my life, only two cities where I'd want to live: London, and the one I'm in.  They are both holy grail cities for me.  London, because of all the music and it just always seemed so cosmopolitan and cool, and Seattle because my heart has always been drawn here, even when I've tried to move to other cities, I've always come back.  I think I've written this before, it's the emotionally distant lover that keeps drawing you in.  Maybe when I overcome my need for that, I'll want to live somewhere else...hard to imagine it, though.

I've spent not enough time in London.  Always in a heat wave.  Wandering.  Getting lost.  Losing myself.  I spent two nights near Victoria Station, coming back from Wales; the doorman kissed me on my way out to catch my flight home. (I get kissed a lot by old men when I travel.)  I had a strange encounter with a pelican in the park near the palace, I swear it was flirting...strange creatures.  Anyway, I would live in other cities, but I want to live in these two.  I bring this up because of the fantasy idea in class: what is the extent of the possible?  Where does it go when you "dream bigger?"  What do you want (when you let yourself want things?)  And I settle in my fantasies, they are hardly dreams at all...where can I let that go?  London has come up before...London over New York.  At least I know something I want:)  I'm also fine staying where I am now, just about everyone I love is here.

Bought a Groupon deal for a headshot...it was less than $150 and I need something.  I'll have to have someone show me how to do hair and make up, or at least get a haircut.  Now to find monologues...will post picture(s) later.

No comments:

Post a Comment