Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A couple better photos

Here are some birch trees I passed by on the very long and scenic route home today. I needed some wildlife and forest time. It took me more than two hours to get home this way. (These are taken with the old, point-and-shoot digital camera.)
Birch trees, late afternoon/L. Herlevi 2013

And a mama mallard and very tall baby that walked up out of the canal and came up to me. I think something might have been wrong with the female, she was making squeaky noises at me and her feathers were kinda' a mess, like something had gotten on them. It used to be a landfill, so it's a little toxic, still. She walked the baby to the ditch on the other side of the road, it went into the water, but she remained standing in the road.

Ducks/L. Herlevi 2013


Ducks/L Herlevi 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment