Thursday, July 4, 2013

Morning of the 4th of July

Developed a wicked headache around 7 pm last night that I cannot seem to shake. Might be a food allergy, I don't know. Back pain, too. Inner eyelids a little puffy. None of this relieved by water nor ibuprofen, which I'll need to get up and buy more of, as I've taken the last of it now. Maybe walking will help.

It's a national holiday. Happy 4th of July! I wanted to go to the beach, but maybe I should go get my back and shoulder worked on. They are open in the early part of the day. Get caught up on reading.  Clean. More later, gonna see what I can do to get rid of headache. Oh, good, I can see someone at 2 pm.

Headache not gone, but at bay for now. Not crazy about the Holga pics, have a weird red flare, not in every shot, not sure what's going on, if I should keep trying to tape it up, or get a new one. I used to borrow a friend's Holga a lot, travelled with it, and got some beautiful pictures. I borrowed it so much that he bought me this one, but as they are made out of plastic, they are hit and miss in quality. His was a better one. At the time you could buy them for $20, I think I've seen them at Urban Outfitters now for $60 or $70, which is a lot if it ends up being a dud.

Anyway, here are three. There are a couple that are better, but I like these. Definite light leak on the left corner of camera, that one is in just about every shot. Or maybe it's the right, my brain doesn't switch back and forth quite like it did when I shot more. (Or between color and black/white.)

Canal/L Herlevi 2013

I don't know that I'll submit them, I have some 35mm film I still need to develop. The thistle picture is a double exposure with a red flare, the canal shot has a flare, I think, but it works somehow. The middle picture, I like the eel grass, as a shirt.

Seaweed/L Herlevi 2013

Thistle/L Herlevi 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment