Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tired

I probably only got 2-3 hours of sleep last night, woke up at 4 am and couldn't fall back to sleep, though I tried. I'm hardly functioning at all. We finished our initial read-thru early, and then were working on narrative together and I was saying random words to my scene partner as I tried to discuss it with her. My brain came up with semi-related words which my mouth spoke, but they weren't the right ones. All the kissing pretty much has to start happening now.  He (the director) says that we just need to do it. There is no trick. I suppose it's better to get comfortable with it before the public performance. She has to kiss (a man) in her other scene, too. They worked that one tonight. The performance is in about five weeks.

I went to the dentist before class. No sore throat, yet. Hopefully, that was just a fluke. One thing I like about him, is we have similar taste in music. So, when I'm feeling "aauugh! I have a new sensitive spot that the metal probe just found." I also can go to, "ooh, I really like that song." Works for me. Apparently, you can't really numb the lower teeth without numbing the entire lower jaw on that side, so I'll have to find another way to deal with it. (I get novocaine for part of my upper gum-line, makes it so much easier for the hygienist if I'm not jerking around in the chair in anticipation of pain.) The dentist is also nice, and I don't have to go back for a while.

I notice the seagulls near work try to drop down and blend in with the students eating lunch outside, as if to sneak up and grab some food when no one is looking. It would work better if they didn't start squawking. Sometimes people can be pretty oblivious, but the squawks are so loud, you take notice. And yes, I did stay awake just to say that. I have to get up early so I can drop off my rent in the morning, too. Buenas noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment