Saturday, July 20, 2013

Addendum to thrift store trek

1) bloomers are bloody difficult to find; would be easy enough to make with old sheets and a sewing machine...I have neither, and I'm not feeling crafty.  Apparently, I'm not the only one looking... no one thought it was an odd request.

2) found some orange-ruffled-homemade shorts/panties/swimsuit thing...I don't know. They fit, I bought them. Should probably wash them. They have a zipper, must be shorts. Probably still need tights.

3) trying on random tutus and other things made out of crinoline is scratchy but fun. I've been wanting to find an excuse to wear one. The other closest thing to bloomers I could find were long-narrow legged nylon slip things...they look like ugly basketball shorts. Bought a pair of those, too, just in case I decide I can't wear the orange thing. (This is all for under the short floral skirt. Then even though I don't think my clown wears black, might have to wear the black/white tights. I didn't find the colors I liked better as full tights.)

There is a baby crow right outside my window cawing loudly for food. Need to  go pick up a hold at the library, remembered when I was almost home again. Not sure I want to make the third trip down there today. I should just let it expire. I've found other ways to work through this stuff, and it's hot out. Might be a good idea to shower after the clothing outing...and maybe time for the cold soup I lugged home earlier. Hungry, as always. Just like the baby crow.

Ah, Seattle, how I love thee...listening to Audioasis on KEXP. (kexp.org) Still feel lucky to live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment