Friday, July 5, 2013

Day off

Called in to take the whole day off, had originally only asked for four hours so I could go pick up the film. Have really done nothing, except go to a coffee shop and attempt to read a little more of David Copperfield, got a couple chapters in before I had to leave as the air conditioning was turned up and I was really cold. Eyeing my books now to see which ones I'd like to part with, I'd like to go buy some fruit at the farmer's market tomorrow.

Just ran out of my room to the sound of intense sobbing. I thought something horrible had happened, but it was my housemate's daughter, and I think she's okay. I would be very concerned to hear an adult sob that hard. (I'm pretty sure both my female housemates are home.)  I feel I should do something productive. Purge more stuff. At least make a run to H&M to drop of old, worn-out clothes for recycling. Been meaning to do that since January. Slowly, slowly, letting stuff go. I know I need to, it's just a matter of working up the energy to try to find something useful to do with it besides tossing it in the trash. I think it's true that you have to let go of things to allow life to flow. To allow new things to come into your life. Things are not love, no matter how much sentimentality is attached to them.

Still need to do the resume, that was my main reason for taking the day off, that and I haven't had a vacation day since Christmas, where I didn't have classwork or some other committment and am about to go into a really long over two-month stretch with no days off, since I have classes on weekends and at night. I want to pull myself out of this state of entropy before that starts up again.

Have at least managed to bag up old clothes, but not the books, nor have I made it out the door, nor looked at bus schedules.

I did get rid of the clothes, then wandered around the store because I was enjoying the music. Finally cooked the greens and the artichokes, sore hand be damned. The artichokes were wonderful. Was enjoying them so much I accidently burned the greens a bit, still edible. Pan's okay, smoother now. Should have it burned more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment