Saturday, July 27, 2013

Just getting home from class

Well, went from class to wait to go to the Long Shot auction and then ran down back down into town to see a staged reading of a play in development, which for some reason didn't initially register in my head as being three-hours long. Anyway, ran into a friend there when I was leaving and she offered to drive me home. Otherwise, I would just be boarding the bus downtown now. Very moving. The story is about the plight of Cambodian refugees, but name a country, it could apply. What is it to be held indefinitely in detention when you have no country? Why do we insist on the breaking of the spirit of one another...are we not all human? We need to find another solution.

As far as class goes, the scene actually makes more sense as being played by two women. It's still going to be awkward (the kissing), but I think it would feel awkward to kiss any of my classmates. I'll survive. There was a lot of nice work in the photo exhibit, I probably coulda' submitted something. Maybe shouldn't be so hard on myself. I almost asked my friend to buy me something at 8:30 pm, when the price dropped to $25. But I had to run, and I didn't have cash on me when he arrived.

Still no good two-person trick for tomorrow. Seems to be a theme, not just for me. Perhaps I'll dream of something.

Might have a little food-poisoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment