Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Morning

The spiders had a busy dawn laying out gossamer highways across the open expanse. They float freely on the slightest of breezes and glisten in the morning sun. I could watch them drift, avoid passing thru them, when I walked outside.

I'm having an early 90's nostalgia moment. Here's a Belly song, Feed the Tree. (Reminds me of something I recently said offhandedly to a tree...I do talk to plants. Okay, I was carrying pizza and I asked if it would like some. I believe the answer was "yes," but how in the world do you give pizza to a tree? I thought about making it into a slurry and then digging a hole and burying the slurry there...why do these things come into my head? Feel somewhat apologetic every time I pass by.  Anthropomorphizing it, imagining it waiting patiently for me to follow through...people dump worse things in the ground.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFYFj5q8_Qk&list=ALBTKoXRg38BA47pSz8oIzbYO-0-TTM2VO

Here's Tanya again with the Catherine Wheel: Judy's Staring at the Sun, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVj4f6qP3zA

I'll stop now. It's funny, I hardly ever listen to this music now, but I still love it. Music consumed my life then. (Music, art, photography, nature, food...I had a lot of energy.) The time itself (late 80's to mid-90's) was a big mesh of darkness and hope, huge political changes but also a lot of depression and heavy drug use in general (not for me, but all around.) Kinda' sounds like the late 60's when I say it. For whatever reasons, I've blocked a lot of it out of my mind. Had to move on.

Last night, cool air came in from the Pacific and tempered the evening to a perfect temperature, sky glowing red all around. It's lovely out right now as well. Reminding me of one of the many reasons I live here.

I'm so tired, I'm giving into the coffee-after-noon urge. I want to go lie down in a park some place and take a nap. Felt this way for the past four hours. Woke up from a nightmare, where I thought I should get out of some house before anyone came home, and then was trying to hide from someone (a family friend) who was looking in all the windows and trying the doors. Don't know why I didn't go into the hallway. Anyway, that was some time during the 3 am hour. Didn't really get any good sleep after that. Have to go garden in a couple of hours, didn't get around to it yesterday. Ended up trying on clothes in the air-conditioned store instead, air outside had cooled considerably by the time I left. (Have gone on three walks, and tried a bit of yoga to wake-up, just not happening.) Lots of spam from Russia again today.

Hmm. That worked, should cut back on coffee consumption more often:) Very awake, not in a bad way.

No comments:

Post a Comment