Friday, July 12, 2013

Caw!

Woke up to a single loud caw outside my window. With my eyes still closed, I lay there thinking, "Why is there a crow cawing at 3 am?" Finally opened an eye to see that it was light out. Looked over at the clock and it was almost 6 am. So, thank you Spot, for waking me up.

I don't know who put the idea in my head that taking the clown class would be a great idea. Must've been a conversation from over the winter quarter. I know that I came into spring break with the idea that I really wanted to take it, to study with George Lewis. I remember asking someone that also taught at the school if they thought the class would be offered again, and she thought "no" because he no longer had a home here. I did know that if given the opportunity to take it, I would make it happen. A few weeks later, I asked someone else, and she said,"yes" but as an intensive, and the day that it showed up on the schedule, I signed up. And then I heard scary stories about it. But a couple of years ago I met a woman (a classmate) who loved it, and she thought I should take it. I wasn't really interested then and I put it out of my head, thinking I could do it later. She said you'd love it or hate it...I'm aiming to love it, even if that's in retrospect. Anyway, that starts Sunday. I'm excited and scared. Only 36 hours of class:) (over three weeks.) At any rate, I've dedicated this year to transform what's not working for me in my life, or how I stand in my own way-and for the record, when you decide that, a whole lotta' shit comes up.

From instructor: "Comfortable clothes to move in, drinking water...an apple for the teacher...their courage strong like a lion, their heats tender as a lamb. Tenderloin of lamb. Yum!"  Assuming, that's a typo and it's meant to read "hearts." Yikes. Is this the next closest thing to boot camp?

No comments:

Post a Comment