Tuesday, July 2, 2013

After gardening, alarms going off at home

Super exhausted. I weeded for a couple of hours, embarassingly making grunting noises, because it was really hot out, I was tired and there were endless weeds to yank free (mostly bindweed, which is tangled up into everything.  It takes a bit of effort to extract it.) Filled up most of a yardwaste bag with bindweed and bedstraw, that's not counting the stuff I haven't dealt with yet or the stuff I chopped into the bins. I noticed someone hacked back the neighbor's grape, which is great. They don't like our garden, but the garden was there before they bought the house, so they've planted things that are invasive along the fence-line. Anyway, the woman who gardens next to me gave me some beet greens, and I had some collards and cauliflower greens, as well as artichokes and some tiny cauliflower florettes, but by the time I bought garlic, lemon and walked home, I was too tired to cook. Maybe in the morning. I need to deal with my frying pan, should probably drink some water, too.

The tomatoes are recovering from their earlier neglect. The weird-colored leaves have disappeared, so I think it was a mineral deficiency from being in the little pots so long. Need to schedule a work-party, I need the hours, the garden needs the work, and I won't have any free time for the rest of the summer after the 14th.

Our smoke detectors keep going off. We can't figure out why, no smoke in the house. Maybe it's from fireworks outside. I think I'm going to go deaf. Someone was shooting them off outside, and the windows are open. (Picture is random.) It's probably not shyness, it's maybe "annoyed" or maybe "don't like."  The problem with me is that I keep wanting to believe in a nice answer, but am I fooling myself? Very probable. There are people in the world that like me. Just not this one. I need to let that sink in.
Lunch/L Herlevi 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment