Tuesday, July 23, 2013

After 11 pm, still warm out

There is a slight breeze, it rustles the leaves of the pin oaks as I walk past, sounding like running water. I can barely feel it touch my skin, but the sound somehow makes me feel a little cooler. The moon is rising, less than full now, bright, but not so much that I can't see the stars. Not a cloud in the sky.

Happy. Not elated, just happy. That's how I felt at the end of tonight. Perhaps glad to be done with my turn, perhaps in the shared experience of failing. It was universally painful, but we all got up and did it anyway.  I am attempting to deliver what I am asked, and it is often more than I knew I was capable of giving. Still, I need to live more at the higher levels of energy...it's the stoicism again, and thinking too much. I ended up having to use almost every joke I had looked up, none done particularly well, they all flopped...still, I am happy. I hope I am truthful, if not as joyfully playful as others can be.

I'm tired and dirty and hungry. The busses were crowded. There was a baseball game that let out around the same time, though I only had to stand for about 1/3 of the way.  Four more clown sessions. The other class begins tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post...
    May be we can follow each other!!!!
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete