Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday, still happy

And feeling very even keeled. Have a fear in the back of my mind that it's somehow hormonal and I'm gonna crash (although that hasn't happened since I was a teenager.) It's only the one leg that's super sore, and I'm wearing heels, because the weather report this morning said "hot" and so I wanted to wear a dress...point being, it's hard to walk down stairs. (Though, I imagine it's amusing to watch....Ooh! I thought of another clown moment: Dance party in college, couldn't not really walk stairs for days after. I had fun, but lets face it, I dance like an idiot. I think I pulled just about every muscle in my body. I have a lot of very physical "clown moments," I tend to walk into things a lot.) Yesterday, in a more coordinated manner, realized I actually can drop to lying on the floor from standing without hurting myself, not sure how I did it, but kinda' excited about it.

As far as the outside world goes, it's been a pretty horrific news week, still trying to digest it all. In general, I'm appalled. As a species, we seem to be losing our humanity at a quickening pace. Where is a sense of altruism in this divisive world? We seem to be widening the gap of "us" vs. "them." Whomever either of those happen to be, where "us" get all the privilege and "them" get the short end of the stick, or whatever is left over. Do we even see each other as fellow humans on the journey anymore? If there is a God and you have to answer for how you treated others, what will you say? I don't necessarily believe in a judgmental God, or karma carried from one life to the next, but a lot of people do, and they hold others to that judgment and use that to justify their own mistreatment of them. Although, perhaps most people are hedging their bets that they will never have to answer for anything.  They don't seem to have to answer much here.

No comments:

Post a Comment