Monday, August 19, 2013

Almost 300

Excited that it's almost autumn. Excited that someone just pointed out an easier way to do a job I was plowing through. And gosh, I've had a wordy year:

30) Most beautifully, heart-breaking book I ever read: (three-way tie, they all deal with some form of bullying, actually)
Garden in the Dunes - Leslie Marmon Silko (Also the most beautifully written book I've ever read)
Cities of Salt - Abdul Rahman Munif
Cat's Eye - Margaret Atwood

29) Book I was most surprised to enjoy: (tie)
Everything by Charles Dickens
The Colossus of Maroussi - Henry Miller

28) Favorite thing in the sky:
The moon
(Followed closely by the ISS)

27) Favorite tree:
Big-Leaf Maple

26) Favorite hostel stay for conversation:
Poet's Hostel in Porto, Portugal
(because of the communal dinner. Again, the food was okay, but the conversation was fabulous.)

25) Nationalities of (my) awesome travel companions:
German/Australian (followed by)
American, Spanish, Finnish, and Swiss
(Most people I have met while travelling were really cool.)

No comments:

Post a Comment