Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Blank, again

Channelling my eleven-year old self: "Today was Tuesday, nothing much happened today." Day after day because I wanted to keep a diary, but I was too afraid to write anything down, or to even let myself entertain that idea, lest anyone read it.

Actually, a friend had an extra ticket to Das Barbecü in Concert, which is a short, staged, reading/concert version of the fourth part of Wagner's Ring Cycle, based in Texas. Apparently, they pulled this performance together in less than two weeks. Surprisingly affecting emotionally; the relationships were believable, the singing/music was great, and  the comedy worked. I enjoyed it. Now I know how the story ends, but not the rest of it (since I'm not very familiar with the actual Ring Cycle story.)

I thought of something about my character earlier, I really need to write this stuff down. I was trying to take on some of her physical aspects while walking around work. Commit to the physical action; make big, interesting shapes; figure out what I want, and get it. There was a level of comedic commitment in these actors tonight that I appreciated. I want to get there. The distance is getting shorter, but I haven't quite bridged the gap yet, maybe touched at it in clown, but not in any way consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment