Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Evening, Aquarius Moon

I stood on the corner, waiting for the light to change, watching the full moon rise over the barbed-wire fence, through cloudless, dusky pink skies. Almost home. It's just past eight and the sun has already set; a hazy golden afterglow on the western mountains is all that remains of the day.

Traffic is steady. House is hot. Yellow jackets are gradually increasing their territory to include the back porch, though, they generally seem to mind their own business. I think they only attacked me because I stuck my hand (unwittingly) in their nest.

Finally gave away my ticket. If people show up (things happen) I should have friends at each performance. I watched some trailers of scenes today. I know I shouldn't have, I saw bits of my scene, but it won't be the same...changing the genders, changes the circumstances, even if the wants remain the same. That reminds me, I need to look up some things about Maine.

Finished the monologue play, began to read another one from the 1960's. Still haven't found that other book I misplaced. Had a bunch of tomatoes to pick. One smashed on the way home, so, now I need to clean out the bag, probably my pants as well. It's all over my knee. The avocado did it in. I don't know why I carry random vegetables around all the time. I'm not going to eat it tonight, I coulda' left it at work.

After 4 or 5 years, I finally (almost) know one of the finnish songs by heart (not Finlandia): Minun Kultani Kaunis On, it's a joke song. I kinda' know what it's about, too. After that, I cannot remember any more suomi. I don't think I can take it again this year, though I'll ask. The instructor is good.

I have nothing weird to tell you at this time. My eye sockets are a little sore from tapping on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment