Friday, August 16, 2013

Bombardment and a clown moment

Spent half my lunch wandering around looking for the ideal lunch spot-it's kinda' warm, breezy, and muggy out. Finally found an empty bench in the canopy shadow of some trees. Left me with about ten minutes to eat. The wandering reminded me quite a bit of an animal's behavior, in an amusing way.

I have this big, raw spot I've been focusing on, meanwhile I'm standing in the middle of a hailstorm of (human) affection. I might have asked, I don't remember. I feel like a myriad of hands are waving and shouting, "Look at me!" "Look over here!" And it's time I did.

So, the workshop was pretty short. Since it was in a public space, we worked on physical issues and my hand does feel better, but I also took ibuprofen before I went, so will have to see how it feels later. I did some of the EFT while walking home, and even though I'm irritated by the kitchen and the massive wad of hair stuck in the drain, I'm not feeling anything strong enough at the moment to test how this works.

Was going to try to go to the free Mudhoney concert and fountain/art thing, but I'm doing laundry and sorting out the recycling bin instead. Maybe I can still make the light thing, it's not dark for a couple more hours. Have to finish the recycling and clean out the nasty compost container first though. Fun times.

Ooh. Just had a clown moment. After emptying the container, I went to hose it out. Not a lot of water was coming out, so I kept turning it on higher, even though I saw the kink in the hose. I was half-holding the hose when I unhooked the kink, and the force of the water pressure shot it out of my hand and it turned on me and drenched me and then jumped toward the basement stairs, the lawn, me, the house, me, the lawn, the basement bedroom window...all the while I'm hoping it will stop jumping so I can get to the spigot to shut it off. My shirt is drenched, but thankfully that basement window was actually shut...that would have been a mess. It was very cartoonish and slow-motion.

Guess I can do the rest of my laundry then.

No comments:

Post a Comment