Thursday, August 15, 2013

Time is going by so fast

Ack! Application is due in two weeks...time is just speeding by...still need a monologue as well. Maybe I'll go work on that somewhere before the show tonight...or getting my lines more solid. Still need to give my second ticket to someone, I keep forgetting to ask. Need to get my clown stuff cleaned, too. I'm working with a couple other clowns this weekend.

It's raining and muggy. Happy that my garden is getting watered, since I don't have time to go. I love being this busy with stuff I like, but I haven't cooked or been able to do laundry in almost two weeks. I've pretty much been home long enough to sleep. We get a break in rehearsals next week, which will also give me time to work on the audition stuff. The monologue I have has an accent and I want to find one that doesn't, plus it only can be one-minute. Managed to get out to the Fill the last couple of days, but didn't really see many birds. It smells nice though, like cottonwood trees and ripening blackberries. And I get a bonus hill-climbing workout on the return.

So, found a couple of plays I could do a monologue from, but couldn't find a copy of either full play at the bookstore. Will need to check the library. I thought the show tonight started at 8 pm, but it actually started at 9. My friend just dropped me off at home.  It's almost midnight. (Just two bands, but I think they started late.) I bought a drink at 8 pm, because it cost less than food there, and when I went to close my tab, someone else had already paid it. That was very kind.

And whatever someone else thinks of me, I'm probably good enough anyway. I don't need to constantly try to flaunt it or prove it. The people that care about us, just do.

No comments:

Post a Comment