Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday-long rehearsal day

Thunderstorms rolled through for half of the night. They were far away, though I could see the flashes of light through the window blinds. The time in between the light and sound was long. It's quiet now, and damp. Supposedly really humid again, but I can't feel that now. Need to leave for rehearsal shortly. Don't know if I should bring my winter clothes, we aren't scheduled to work the second act, but maybe we will have time, plus I can always work with my scene partner, though she won't be there until the afternoon. At least the air has cooled down because of the storms. Maybe it won't be too hot in the rehearsal space. I could always mark them and leave them there, then I won't have to drag them around all the time. Gotta get moving.

Well, no work on Act II, but we worked transitions, and I sit in the background of one of the scenes, so needed to be in the studio. If anything, the studio was more stuffy than usual, muggy after the storms. Ate pizza during the break, right before we did a run-thru of Act I.  The pizza made me want to curl up in a fetal position, but had to sit up on the side of the stage for the next two hours. I don't know if it's the cheese or the wheat, I suspect the cheese. Need to remember to bring my own food to rehearsal. We will run the whole thing on Wednesday, I'll need to be off-book. I pretty much am, trying to work out the physical stuff I have to do, in a mirror, and get my diction down.

We're supposed to have more thunderstorms this afternoon/evening. I was going to go check out an art walk, but I'm still sick to my stomach from the pizza. So I don't know, will see how I feel in an hour. It smells like something is burning, hope it's not my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment